WARE Youth Center - CoushattaAll Locations
Services & Programs
Ware Youth Center offers 34 beds to males and females between the ages of 10 and 16 at the Coushatta facility. We also offer 21 beds to males and females between the ages of 10 and 16 at the Bossier facility.
Ware Youth Center offers a 24-bed non-secure residential group home for twelve females and twelve males and a 16-bed substance abuse treatment program for eight males and eight females.
- Separate classes for males and females
- Traditional academic classes
- Carnegie units and credits according to State of Louisiana records
- Placement in grades identified through the State of Louisiana certification
- Special Education classes
- GED preparation and testing for residents who are 16 years old and older
- LEAP Testing, IOWA Testing, and other standardized testing required by the Department of Education
- Coordination with local colleges and vocational schools for residents who have completed a GED and require further education (if the resident demonstrates appropriate behavior while off campus)
- Religious services provided on campus by volunteer pastors