OJJ attends job fairs to recruit new employees.
Staffing/Recruitment is responsible for:
- Advising agency personnel liaisons and unit heads on Recruitment for Youth Services employees/positions.
- Advising unit heads, appointing authorities and managers on various appointment types and selection procedures in order to create and maintain a diverse workforce.
- Monitoring and reviewing Personnel Action Requests for accuracy and certifying compliance with all Civil Service rules and regulations, Federal and State Laws.
- Reviewing applicant data relating to all actions/appointments to assure all selections criteria complies with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action.
- Developing all DOA policies relating to Recruitment.