Visitation of Youth in Secure Facilities
ON SITE VISITS OF SECURE FACILITIES:
Bridge City Center for Youth (BCCY)
Angela Sutton, Director
Visitation Weekends are every Saturday and Sunday
Hours: 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Vickie Shoecraft, Director
Visitation Weekends are every 1st - 4th Saturday and Sunday
NUMBER OF VISITORS PERMITTED AT A TIME: A YOUTH MAY HAVE ONLY THREE (3) VISITORS AT A TIME. Infants are included as a visitor.
APPROVED VISITORS LIST: PRIOR to visiting any youth, all visitors must submit to a criminal history check and be on the facility's "Approved Visitors List." A criminal record check is also run annually.
APPROVED VISITORS INCLUDE: Spouse, parent, guardian, custodian of the youth, grandparent, sister/brother (includes step siblings and half siblings), biological child or any member of the immediate family who has been approved for visitation by the youth’s case manager.
*Siblings and biological children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult on the approved visiting list.
GENERAL RULES: There are some general rules applicable to all visitors when visiting a secure facility.
- A Picture Identification is required for ALL visitors 14 years of age and older.
- Visitors should arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of the visiting schedule to allow for processing by Security and Case Management.
- Park in the designated visitors’ parking area.
- Leave all belongings in the car except for the visitor’s picture identification and the car key/remote to unlock the car.
- Lock the vehicle after parking.
- Report to the Visitors' Entrance.
- Visitors will provide OJJ staff with picture identification and the name of the youth being visited.
- OJJ staff will record the visit in accordance with the rules and procedures set forth by the facility’s administration.
- Visitors will then be escorted to the designated area to receive a pat down search.
- Proceed to the visitation area.
CELLPHONES, BLACKBERRYS, ELECTRONIC DEVICES
Visitors are not allowed to bring electronic devices and photographic equipment including cell phones, BlackBerrys, cameras, or hand-held video devices onto the facility grounds.
SMOKING is not permitted on the facility grounds.
- Blouses, shirts, sweaters, polo shirts and other top garments. Tops should not be tight, low cut, see-through or revealing, and should have sleeves.
- Slacks or pants that are not tight, revealing or worn low are appropriate. Capri pants are also allowed.
- Skirts or dresses that are not short, tight or revealing. Skirts may not be worn below the waist.
- Halter tops, tube tops, camisole type T-shirts, tank tops or muscle shirts.
- Clothing with inappropriate language (obscenities) or pictures.
- Shorts, mini-skirts, mini-skorts are not allowed.
- Sleeveless/cutoff shirts are not allowed.
- Money for a youth must be given to a designated OJJ facility staff to be recorded and processed.
- OJJ staff will process the money into the youth’s personal account. Money is not to exceed $100.00.
- Money orders are not accepted during visitation.