Mission: To assist decision makers in OJJ to improve operations, meet the agency’s mission, vision, goals and objectives and to assist youth in the redirection of their lives.
Continuous Quality Improvement Services (CQIS) is a performance-based and results-driven competency and efficiency management system for the Office of Juvenile Justice (OJJ). CQIS staff seeks to ensure the optimal operation of all areas of care, intervention and support for youth and families of OJJ through service development and delivery, organizational monitoring, behavioral research, as well as, policy review and development. CQIS seeks to ensure that OJJ will have sound policy and operations supported by well trained staff which is measured by a comprehensive audit process with quality data that result in continuous quality improvement.
CQIS activities include:
- Technical Assistance for American Correctional Association (ACA) Accreditation
- Annual Quality Reviews, OJJ System-wide
- Quality Assurance Reviews of OJJ Databases
- Managing the agency’s Office of Risk Management/Safety Program
- Monitoring Performance-based Standards
- Reviewing, revising, and developing agency policy
- Conduct investigations of abuse, crimes committed on the grounds of OJJ facilities and other internal matters as deemed necessary.